By Geoff Alexander
Read or Download Academic Films for the Classroom: A History PDF
Similar film & video art books
Faux documentaries mimic documentary style expectancies, unraveling the documentary’s authority and dismantling understandings of id, historical past, and kingdom. The interdisciplinary essays in F Is for Phony talk about a vast scope of works and discover matters raised via “fake doctors” resembling the fiction/documentary divide, the ethics of reality-based manipulation, and even if documentariness derives from shape or reception.
Given that 1996, Alexander Payne (b. 1961) has made seven function motion pictures and a quick phase of an omnibus motion picture. even if his physique of labor is quantitatively small, it's qualitatively awesome. His video clips have garnered a number of accolades and awards, together with Academy Awards for most sensible tailored Screenplay.
Grigorii Aleksandrov’s musical comedy motion pictures, created with composer Isaak Dunaevskii, have been the preferred Russian cinema of the 1930s–1940s. in keeping with studio records, press fabrics and interviews with surviving individuals of Aleksandrov’s movie crews, this booklet offers the untold background of the movies, situating them within the Stalin period, and suggesting new interpretations of person movies.
Released at a time while the U.S. government's public international relations has been in challenge, this e-book offers an exhaustive account of ways it was once performed. the USA info business enterprise used to be created, in 1953, to 'tell America's tale to the area' and, through enticing with the realm via overseas info, broadcasting, tradition, and alternate courses, turned an important section of American overseas coverage through the chilly conflict.
- Hollywood's Last Golden Age: Politics, Society, and the Seventies Film in America
- Land of Smoke and Mirrors: A Cultural History of Los Angeles
- An Archaeology of Sympathy: The Sentimental Mode in Literature and Cinema
- Cinematic Emotion in Horror Films and Thrillers: The Aesthetic Paradox of Pleasurable Fear (Routledge Advances in Film Studies)
- Theology and the Films of Terrence Malick (Routledge Studies in Religion and Film)
- Listening to Stanley Kubrick: The Music in His Films
Extra info for Academic Films for the Classroom: A History