By Sally Faulkner
- Uniquely bargains large shut readings of forty two motion pictures, that are specifically worthy to scholars and academics of Spanish cinema.
- Analyses Spanish silent cinema and flicks of the Franco period in addition to modern examples.
- Interrogates film's kin with different media, together with literature, pictorial paintings and television.
- Explores either 'auteur' and 'popular' cinemas.
- Establishes 'prestige' and the 'middlebrow' as the most important new phrases in Spanish cinema studies.
- Considers the transnationality of Spanish cinema all through its century of existence.
- modern administrators lined during this e-book contain Almodóvar, Bollaín, Díaz Yanes and more.
Read or Download A History of Spanish Film: Cinema and Society 1910-2010 PDF
Similar film & video art books
Faux documentaries mimic documentary style expectancies, unraveling the documentary’s authority and dismantling understandings of id, heritage, and country. The interdisciplinary essays in F Is for Phony speak about a extensive scope of works and discover concerns raised through “fake doctors” resembling the fiction/documentary divide, the ethics of reality-based manipulation, and even if documentariness derives from shape or reception.
When you consider that 1996, Alexander Payne (b. 1961) has made seven function movies and a quick phase of an omnibus motion picture. even supposing his physique of labor is quantitatively small, it truly is qualitatively extraordinary. His video clips have garnered a number of accolades and awards, together with Academy Awards for top tailored Screenplay.
Grigorii Aleksandrov’s musical comedy motion pictures, created with composer Isaak Dunaevskii, have been the preferred Russian cinema of the 1930s–1940s. in response to studio files, press fabrics and interviews with surviving individuals of Aleksandrov’s movie crews, this booklet provides the untold heritage of the movies, situating them within the Stalin period, and suggesting new interpretations of person movies.
Released at a time while the united states government's public international relations has been in quandary, this ebook offers an exhaustive account of the way it was performed. the us details employer used to be created, in 1953, to 'tell America's tale to the area' and, by way of enticing with the area via foreign info, broadcasting, tradition, and alternate courses, grew to become a vital component to American overseas coverage through the chilly conflict.
- Interviews Too Shocking To Print!
- Pulp Fiction to Film Noir: The Great Depression and the Development of a Genre
- Alegra'm la vida (Catalan Edition)
- Silent Movies: The Birth of Film and the Triumph of Movie Culture
Additional info for A History of Spanish Film: Cinema and Society 1910-2010